Saturday, October 21, 2006

Un-Newsworthy Events

I was feeling inspired today, and bounced into work determined to have found something tasty to write about by the end of the day. In my extreme excitement, I clearly forgot that I work in a shoe shop in one of the least interesting areas in Greater London.

By lunchtime, the most ground-breaking occurrences were that I had walked into a shoe display, bruising my side, and that a ludicrously tall blonde woman had attempted to return a pair of boots that were not damaged and had quite clearly been worn.

Oh well. Maybe the afternoon would prove more journalistically fruitful.

Maybe not. My hair slide broke, meaning that I was forced to serve customers whilst resembling a shaggy dog for the rest of the day. And I got told off for standing in the corner with my arms crossed (apparently it's hostile).

So overall a very boring day. I may take to hanging round the local park at night to observe young ruffians whose anti-social behaviour I can write about for the local paper. Stories really aren't as easy to find as I thought.

No comments: