Friday, October 20, 2006

Too Much Chocolate Makes You Ill

Oh dear. My friends Mary-Ann, Emma and I decided to do some work this afternoon. i.e. something preferably academic, and at the very least of a generally productive nature. Here is what Mary-Ann and I did...............

1) Modified our MySpace pages.
2) Worked out how to listen to Radio1 on our computers after Kiss crashed, then spent ten minutes discussing the presenter's irritating voice.
3) Consumed: 2 TimeOut bars, 1 Kinder Bueno bar, 1 packet salt+vinegar Nobby's crisps, 1 packet Walker's ready salted crisps, 1 tea, 1 coffee. (Between us, not each, but still a notable amount of crap to have eaten in an hour and a half.)

Emma, on the other hand:

1) Removed potentially libelous comments from a book review she's written
2) Smoked four cigarettes
3) Sent some academically oriented emails

Overall a slightly better balance of work and play.

Now I'm still sitting at the computer, feeling thoroughly ill, nearly crying because Radio1 just played a tearjerker of a James Morrison song, and my lips are stinging from the salt. And I'm still writing for the sake of it because I cannot bear to get up and embark upon a long, hot, irritable journey home, at the end of which my mother will probably order me to tidy my room having offered me no form of nourishment beforehand!

Still EastEnders is on later, I suppose that's something. Wake up, Ruby!!

No comments: